The Amado Women is the story of four very different women, linked by birth, struggling to reconnect.
Mercedes Amado has raised and watched her three daughters grow into women. Celeste, fiercely intelligent and proud, has fled her youth and family in Los Angeles to financial independence in San Jose. Sylvia has immersed herself in the world of her two young daughters, while Nataly, the baby, waits tables in an upscale restaurant by night and works on her textile art by day.
Four women struggle for their piece of the American Dream, but will it evaporate when confronted with family tragedy?
- “This Writer’s On Fire: Désirée Zamorano“
- Jasmine Elist interviews Désirée in The Los Angeles Times.
- Désirée discusses “The Invisible Latina” for The Toast.
- Daniel Olivas interviews Désirée in the Los Angeles Review of Books.
- The Publishers Weekly interview